Title: Application Developer
Developer Skills: RPG/400, RPG/IV, RPG/ILE, SQL400, Java, Web development
Location: Orlando, FL
Area code: 407
Tax term: CON_W2
Pay rate: Competitive
Length: 3 month to hire full time
Dice ID: cxcomal
Job description: Retail Technologies Corporation (RTC) has an immediate opening
for an experienced iSeries programmer in our Orlando, FL office. This person will be
responsible for providing direct customer support to RTC's Retail customers, performing
programming and testing services as a member of RTC's Consulting Services team.
RTC is currently the Application Services Provider (ASP) for JDA's Merchandise
Management System. This person will be responsible for providing iSeries architecture
support for ASP services optimization.
Key responsibilities include:
- •Providing technical and analytical support for JDA - MMS.
- •Performing troubleshooting and quickly resolving production issues in our customer's ASP environments.
- •Performing process analysis, developing functional and technical specifications for JDA - MMS customer projects.
- •Providing ASP clients with customized programming and testing services for their JDA - MMS.
- •Providing MMS programming and technical testing services for RTC's internal product development.
- •Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- •Develop, support and troubleshoot all BRMS (Backup, Recovery and Media Services) tape backup strategies.
- •Provide any needed training to RTC tech team on all system tools.
- •Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing AS/400 systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems in terms of processing performance.
- •Provide assistance in system design for server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes.
- •Provide assistance in capacity planning and performance tuning.
- •Provide assistance for iSeries administration/troubleshooting areas.
- •Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- •Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- •Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- •Must be available to cover Oncall shifts as needed.
Key characteristics desired:
- •Self-motivated systems analyst with consulting or retailer experience in retail software.
- •Experience in customizing and implementing Retail solutions within deadlines.
- •Adept in performing detailed analysis and preparing thorough programming specifications from customer requirements.
- •Skilled in providing programming, testing, issue resolution and client support for iSeries (AS/400) software applications.
- •RPG/400, RPG/IV, RPG/ILE
- •Change Management Tools
- •Web development
- •Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for Full-time.
- •401(k) with Profit Sharing feature
- •Vacation / Personal Days / Floating Holiday / Nine Company Holidays
- •Requires U.S. Citizenship for this position.
Travel required: none
Contact for more information:
- If you are interested in being considered for this job opening, please send your resume to DeVan McArthur, at email@example.com.